Build, Don’t Talk by Raj Shamani is his story, his journey to become a social media influencer. It’s a business motivation book, packed with useful and effective advice for content creators.
Reading this book, you can feel as if he’s talking to you from a stage, motivating you to build something. To put that idea in motion and put consistent effort into it.
This article lists the Raj Shamani quotes I liked in the book.
Table of Contents
1) Become an expert in one thing and then build multiple income streams out of that one thing.
2) Most people who are high achievers or high performers are obsessed with one thing, they are the best at the one thing that they do,
3) Ten minutes over a long time compound into one big useful thing.
4) Stop asking people for advice. If you want to be better, ask problem-solving questions.
5) You either get a business deal or you don't. Investors won't put money in your business just because “participated” with other start-ups.
Also check this: Startup Building Guide by Tony Fadell
6) Life is like a buffet; get up and pick what you want. Try looking at, smelling and eating different things, and then take more of what you like.
7) Stop restricting yourself from doing something that sounds crazy just because other people your age are not doing it.
8) Try as many things as you can to figure out what you are good at.
9) Do what suits you, be it a business or job.
10) Find out the one thing that is very easy for you to do and that is difficult for other people. Ask yourself, how can I monetize this?
11) Every skill is in demand in today's world – the only thing is how good you are at it.
12) You can be a really good number 4; you don't need to be number 1.
13) You don't need millions in investments to back you in order to start something. Start with whatever you have, and grow it.
14) When you feel like you have nothing, no experience, no connections, no money, you still have the biggest power of them all the power to ask! Ask again, and again till you get a yes.
15) Keep trying different ways of reaching your goals, irrespective of how unconventional they are.
16) The only thing that is stopping you from growing is your fear of looking stupid in front of people.
17) Screw what others have to say about you, VALIDATE YOUR OWN SELF. The fear of looking stupid is what holds you back.
18) People can only make fun of things you yourself are conscious about. Once you join them in the laughter and start taking the jokes, the laughter will stop.
19) The biggest superpower you have is the ability to observe; the more observant you are, the better your chances of winning in life.
20) To move ahead in life, you need to understand human behaviour – what people do and why they do it.
21) Don't walk away from negative people, run.
22) You won't be able to achieve your goals if you only focus on them. Instead, focus on your daily habits that will dictate whether or not you will achieve your goals.
23) Instead of focusing solely on your goals, focus on finding ways to achieve them.
24) Strive towards your goals, they say. Strive towards your journey, I say. Keep your mind off your goals, I say.
25) Your journey makes you the person you are, your destination is just the last stop.
26) Your gut instincts might not make the best decisions for you, but it will always be the boldest one. And bold decisions without the thought of consequences can take you way ahead of other people.
You’ll also like: 29 Quotes from Do Epic Shit
About Marketing and Sales
27) The number one rule for marketing is caring. Once people start trusting you, you can command the kind of premium you were looking forward to.
28) How to sell is never a problem if you know who you are selling to. Find the driving emotion and learn how to tackle objections that come your way, and you'll sell anything.
29) If you want someone's money, show them how you can make their money work for them.
30) You sell better when you focus more on “what am I giving” and less on “what am I gaining.”
31) It's okay to fail, it's not okay to keep dwelling on it. Get over failure than to get up and to work.
32) Until we admit that we suck at things, we won't be able to work on the part that sucks.
33) You suck more if you think you don't suck.
34) If you suck at something, admit it. But don't just stop at that.
35) Self-pity is like a spa. It's okay to stay there for a while, but if you stay there for a long while, it can be very detrimental.
You’ll also like these lovely quotes from Get Epic Shit Done
37) It is important to improve, but as important as improving is knowing when to quit.
38) It's important to know what products not to invest in.
39) If you invest your money or time in something that is a trend, something you don't know anything about, then it is a bad investment.
40) You will have to give it time to grow your money, either in finding the right investment product or in finding the right person who can do it for you.
41) Personal branding is about revealing yourself, it's about unpackaging yourself.
42) To get something from your personal brand, you need authority. Add value to people's lives. Inspire or educate. Just put out what you are doing. You are your own niche.
43) Do what you love and don't stop doing it. There! This is the secret to success. You being yourself and providing value to people along with it is what matters the most.
Check: Branding on a Shoestring
44) Focus on building people and relationships. Numbers will automatically grow.
45) People like people who are like them, or people who like them; genuinely do both and you will see millions liking you.
46) If you want to connect with someone, give them something first. Give them a reason to talk to you or value you.
47) Nothing happens with talent; the game is only about consistency.
48) You don't need to be intelligent; you just need to be average and relatable, again and again. Start thinking about how relatable you can be and stop thinking about how you can be intelligent.
49) The easiest way to get rich is to become the producer of the thing you consume the most.
50) The people who consume end up spending more and people who produce end up earning more.
51) Be inspired and influenced by what is already around and make it your own.
52) You can be creative, by creating on a consistent basis. If you don't put in effort every day, things will rot.
Also check: Generate 100+ Content Ideas
53) When you know your strengths and interests, you look around to find your competitors are not even in the game now!
54) When you work hard on something you're passionate about, money is a by-product. It will show up at your door sooner or later.
55) Build systems to keep you consistent and that will force you to get better.
And those were all the Raj Shamani Build, Don’t Talk book quotes I have.
Liked the collection?
Join Book Blabbers WhatsApp group to bond over books, memes and quotes.
Subscribe to Book Blabber’s Bulletin to get book summaries, reading tips and occasional hugs in your inbox.