It’s when you actually need help, that you appreciate self-help the most. That was the case when I started reading Life’s Amazing Secrets by Gaur Gopal Das. It’s not just a book on spirituality, it’s much more than that. See it as an amalgamation of inspirational short stories and quotes from Gaur Gopal Das.
In Life’s Amazing Secrets, Gaur Gopal Das narrated incidents from his life. Some of them were his own personal experiences, while others were from people he met. Gaur Gopal Das quotes are motivating as well as chuckle-worthy. He has an immersive way of storytelling.
In this article, I’m compiling some of the best Gaur Gopal Das motivational quotes I found in the book and around.
Let’s check them out.
Table of Contents
- Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Life
- Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Success
- Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Friendship
- Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Relationship
- Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Love
- Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Happiness
- Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Problems
- Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Expectations
- Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Maturity
- Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Spirituality
- 15 Best Quotes of Gaur Gopal Das from the list
Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Life
1) To find your purpose in life, you must go on a journey of self-discovery.
2) Feeling peaceful, happy, and content is not about avoiding challenges in our life, but about how we navigate through these challenges to reach the type of life we want to live.
3) Watch your thoughts, they turn into words. Watch your words, they turn into actions. Watch your actions, they turn into habits. Watch your habits, they turn into character. Watch your character, it turns into your destiny.
4) If God were to reveal that talent to us straight away, from the very day we were born, there would be no excitement in our journey.
5) Learning to detach ourselves from situations that are outside our control is an imperative skill to learn for personal growth.
6) The easiest way to bring clarity to your life is to seek guidance from people who possess clarity.
7) How we behave towards others determines the quality of our life. When we treat inanimate objects with disrespect or insensitivity, we end up treating people the same.
8) The purpose of everyone’s life at the core: to share, give and contribute to others. You can be completely selfish, completely selfless or any of the combinations in between.
9) Be like an ice-cream and a candle: Enjoy your life before it melts and give light to others before it melts.
10) We always have a choice: to listen to our lower self and indulge or to listen to our higher self and improve.
Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Success
11) It takes years of working late nights to create an overnight success.
12) If you have the right attitude, achievements will be a byproduct.
13) If they still keep throwing stones at your plane, fly higher so the stones don't reach you.
14) Nobody should tell us what to do, but good advice greatly helps us in our growth.
15) If we have the ambition and the capacity to achieve more, we must fulfil our potential, not suppress it by force.
This might be interesting: 29 Quotes from Do Epic Shit
16) When we are thankful for what we have, we become poised to receive more.
17) At work, we tend to compare and compete with others, instead of comparing and competing with ourselves.
18) It’s better to constantly work hard on self-improvement to achieve excellence.
19) Your success is not determined by your ability to do what you love, but by your ability to love what you do.
20) You can only compete with yourself if you have a clear idea of your potential, your capacities and certainly your limitations.
21) The true measure of success is not the amount of wealth or possessions you acquire, but the impact you make on the world.
22) Whenever there is a ’setback’ just ‘sit back and try to see the silver lining around the cloud.
Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Friendship
23) Offering gifts and accepting gifts, opening one’s mind and inquiring in confidence, sharing food and receiving food – are the six exchanges that develop loving relationships."¹
24) People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
25) In life, sometimes we just need someone who will be there for us. Someone who will listen. Someone who will understand.
26) Every individual has a special sense of worth. All we need is someone who can see that worth in us, and make us see that worth in ourselves as well.
27) Having a friend to listen to your problems and discuss them with you is the beginning of finding a solution.
28) If you truly want to know how rich you are, drop a tear and see how many hands come to wipe that tear.
29) To accept someone when everything is going right is easy. But when things are falling apart around you and you stick together, that’s the test of a relationship.
Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Relationship
30) Anyone can find the dirt in someone. Be the one that finds the gold.
31) Learning the art of appreciation is vital for building healthy relationships.
32) Appreciation is one of the greatest investments in a relationship. Don’t hold back.
33) We tend to take everyone at face value, equating what they have on the outside to how they feel on the inside.
34) Listening to understand is more important than listening to reply.
35) Familiarity breeds contempt. When we are overly familiar with people, we forget how important they are to us and the correct way to behave with them.
36) It is strange that sword and words have the same letters. Even more strange is that they have the same effect if not handled properly.
37) Our silent presence can be more powerful than a million empty words.
38) There are many ways to perceive others. Choose the one that magnifies the positive and avoids the negative.
39) Learning the art of appreciation is vital for building healthy relationships.
40) A moment of patience in a moment of anger can save us a thousand moments of regret in the future.
41) The bottom line of any relationship is that the hearts should resonate with each other.
42) Don’t let a breakup in any relationship lead to a break down in life. There is always a reason why some people don’t make it to your future. They are just part of your history.
Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Love
43) Love is when we have every reason to break up but we do not.
44) Love is not a noun; it is a verb. It is not so much about the beloved pleasing us but about us pleasing them.
45) Love is less about emotions and feelings. It is more about taking responsibility to serve the beloved.
46) Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
47) If you want a relationship that looks and feels like the most amazing thing on earth, you need to treat it like it is the most amazing thing on earth.
Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Happiness
48) Happiness seems like a butterfly. Oh! So close, but eluding us when we try to grab it.
49) We must find positivity in the bleakest situations and live by the principle of gratitude.
50) Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
51) Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.
52) Every moment lived well is the secret to overall well-being and happiness.
Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Problems
53) What we love to do and what pays the bills can be the same if we really work on ourselves.
54) The paradox of our times is that those who have the most can often be the least satisfied.
55) We should deal with our problems in our life, but we shouldn’t be consumed by them.
56) Every lock comes with a key and every problem with a solution. Some of your problems can actually be solved, and some of your problems literally cannot be solved, but can be solved by becoming stronger to face them.
57) It’s not that we have solution to all problems. Therefore, I say do not look at someone who will solve all your problems. Look for someone who won’t let you face them alone.
58) When things are beyond your control and there is nothing you can do, why worry?
59) Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.
You’ll also love these lovely life quotes from Get Epic Shit Done
60) Making choices in life is like buying something at a shopping mall. The sales assistant may show us all the products available, telling us the pros and cons of each of them, but we must make the choice in the end.
Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Expectations
61) Often, people can display selflessness outside their home, but when they come back, they become selfish. This is because they have a lot of expectations from their family members.
62) Expectations are the mother of all frustrations. The more expectations you have, the more frustrations you will have. The less expectations you have, the less frustrations you will have.
63) From our childhood, we have only learned to take. For all our life we just keep on holding and sticking to our expectations.
64) We don’t see things as they are, we see things as we are.
65) Honest people are those, who change their ideas to fit the truth. Dishonest people are those, who change the truth to fit their ideas.
66) Things change for better and for worse, but what we choose to perceive is up to us.
Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Maturity
67) To move on and accept change is a sign of wisdom and maturity.
68) When it comes to working hard with the aim of serving others, you shouldn’t be satisfied. Things can be used to uplift humanity.
69) We should use things for the purpose they have been designed for but should treat them with the utmost dignity, value and respect.
70) Fight the strong urge to judge someone based on an initial interaction with them. Everyone has a fascinating story that we know nothing about.
71) Your experience of life is proportional to your emotional state.
72) As a monk, I have to be cautious of overindulgence; it is essential to stay regulated in our habits.
73) When our eyes are very focused on what we want to do, there will be a couple of inconveniences, couple of things that we have to take in our stride and move on.
74) The greatest form of intelligence is kindness.
75) Stop and reflect on your life regularly. Pressing the pause button to practise gratitude is the way to make it a constant in your life.
Gaur Gopal Das Quotes on Spirituality
76) Live your life in such a way that those who know you but don’t know God, will come to know God because they know you.
77) We are not human beings having spiritual experiences; we are spiritual beings having human experiences.
78) If you practise spirituality, you are satisfied with achieving the bare minimum. You know that things don’t bring happiness.
79) Spirituality does not kill our ambition; it redirects it towards the service of others.
80) Adding a spiritual element to our seva (service) can make it more fulfilling.
81) It is character that shines bright when words fail to do so. Spirituality helps develop good character.
82) One of the effects of enlightened people is – they make others feel inspired in their company.
83) Spiritual people don’t intentionally harm others, nor do they cheat others in business. At the same time, they don’t behave timidly. Humility doesn’t mean you’re a pushover, it means you understand how to behave properly in all scenarios.
84) The saddest thing is that matter matters the most to us. if spirit mattered as much to us we would be happy forever!
15 Best Quotes of Gaur Gopal Das from the list
85) Watch your thoughts; they turn into words. Watch your words; they turn into actions. Watch your actions; they turn into habits. Watch your habits; they turn into character. Watch your character; it turns into your destiny.
86) The purpose of everyone’s life at the core: to share, give and contribute to others. You can be completely selfish, completely selfless or any of the combinations in between.
87) Be like an ice-cream and a candle: Enjoy your life before it melts and give light to others before it melts.
88) We always have a choice: to listen to our lower self and indulge or to listen to our higher self and improve.
89) If you have the right attitude, achievements will be a byproduct.
90) Nobody should tell us what to do, but good advice greatly helps us in our growth.
91) When we are thankful for what we have, we become poised to receive more.
92) It’s better to constantly work hard on self-improvement to achieve excellence.
93) Your success is not determined by your ability to do what you love, but by your ability to love what you do.
94) The true measure of success is not the amount of wealth or possessions you acquire, but the impact you make on the world.
95) Every individual has a special sense of worth. All we need is someone who can see that worth in us and make us see that worth in ourselves as well.
96) Having a friend to listen to your problems and discuss them with you is the beginning of finding a solution.
97) Love is not a noun; it is a verb. It is not so much about the beloved pleasing us but about us pleasing them.
98) Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
99) What we love to do and what pays the bills can be the same if we really work on ourselves.
And those were all the motivational quotes by Gaur Gopal Das I have. These are among the top Life's Amazing Secrets quotes and others from Gaur Gopal Das. These quotes reflect Gaur Gopal Das's insights on various themes like life, success, relationships and more.
Liked the collection?
Join Book Blabbers WhatsApp group to bond over books, memes and quotes.
Subscribe to Book Blabber's Bulletin to get book summaries, reading tips and occasional hugs in your inbox.